Jewellery Care, Material & Allergies

The Benefits of Stainless Steel

If we're not using vintage pendants or chains to produce our jewellery, we use stainless steel. We chose to use stainless steel because this material is scratch, tarnish, and corrosion-free, so it has an excellent durability. Another reason why we love stainless steel is because it is one of the most ecologically friendly metals used to design jewellery. 

Allergies? Read this carefully!

Generally, stainless steel is hypoallergenic, meaning that even people with sensitive skin can get their hands on this material. However, some types of stainless steel contain nickel, so if you have a nickel allergy stainless steel jewellery might cause an allergic reaction. As we can't always guarantee that our jewellery is nickel-free, we strongly suggest not buying your jewellery from Avery Faye if you are prone to allergic reactions. 

How to care for your jewellery

In order to enjoy your Avery Faye jewellery for a long time, avoid wearing it in the shower, bath, sea or swimming pool, as the water can cause discolouring. We recommend storing your jewellery in the branded box it comes in, away from the sun. Also be careful with perfume, make-up, lotion and sun creams, these can cause your pieces to tarnish.

If you have any questions regarding the material of your jewellery and how to take care of it, don't hesitate to get in contact with us!